How to Set the Mazda Power Liftgate Height
The ability to open your liftgate with just the touch of a button can help you out when your hands are full. But what if your liftgate is opening just a little too far? The Mazda Rear Power Liftgate on the Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 allows you to customize how high the liftgate opens so it never opens out of reach. So, how do we set the power liftgate height? This guide from Kelly Mazda is here to break down the steps to help you set how far your liftgate opens the next time your hands are full.
Setting a Mazda Rear Power Liftgate
- Turn on your CX-5 or CX-9 and put the gear shift into “Park”
- Use the liftgate interior button, key fob button, or button on the vehicle liftgate to open the trunk fully
- Once open, pull down the vehicle’s liftgate to the desired height you want it to open to
- Press and hold the liftgate button located on the liftgate until you hear two beeps
- Press the button on the liftgate again to close the trunk and save the position
- You can test the setting by pressing the interior button, key fob button, or liftgate button
How to Reset Mazda Power Liftgate Height
- With your Mazda on, shift the vehicle into “Park”
- Use the liftgate interior button, key fob button, or button on the vehicle liftgate to open the trunk
- Press and hold the button on the liftgate until you hear a beep then keep holding the button until it beeps again
- The liftgate height is now reset and will open fully when one of the three liftgate button options is pushed
Being able to set how far your liftgate opens is beneficial for keeping it within reach and also for keeping it from hitting the top of your garage if you have a lower ceiling. The Rear Power Liftgate on the Mazda CX-5 and CX-9 makes it easy to adjust your liftgate’s opening height to keep it where you want it. You can find your next CX-5 or CX-9 in Scranton, PA when you visit the Kelly Mazda online inventory today!